How Many Toilets Do I need?
Construction Site: OSHA recommends one toilet for every 10 men/women over a 40 hour work week. The addition of sub-contractors, or overtime will affect the quality of the service attainable per toilet.
Special Event: 1 toilet per 100 guests for an 8-hour event is the general rule, however if alcohol is being served, increase the portable toilets by 20%.
Use Our Online Unit Calculator
Where can a portable toilet be placed on a job site?
We must be able to park a truck 30’ from the toilet in order to pump it clean. A full toilet cannot be moved manually.
Do they have lighting?
Portable toilets were designed for spaces without power or water. However, a camping light or “tap” light will do for a short period of time.
What happens if the unit is damaged on my property?
Gene’s Johns offers a damage waiver program to our customers, however it DOES NOT cover total loss or fire damage. It does cover graffiti and other damages to the unit. This is an option to our customers for their protection. It is a small monthly fee that is well worth it since most insurance deductibles are much higher. It is not part of the rental agreement. The portable toilet is the responsibility of the customer while in their possession.
Download Damage Waiver
What is our service area?
MARYLAND – Montgomery, Frederick, Washington, Prince Georges, Baltimore, Howard, Carroll, Anne Arundel and Charles counties
VIRGINIA – Loundon, Fairfax, Arlington, Prince William, and Fauquier counties
WASHINGTON DC – all 4 quadrants
What minimum service is performed each week for my restroom that stays on a route or site?
- Pump out the holding tank
- Remove debris
- Scrub and sanitize all surfaces including the walls, urinal, toilet seat, and floor.
- Add fresh water and deodorant solution tank
- Replenish supplies
- Complete or schedule needed repairs
- Sign and date service route card
What if my unit is inaccessible for service?
Our driver will make all reasonable attempts to service unit(s). If the unit is blocked and no one is on site the driver will have the office call to try to gain access. If we still can’t access the unit the drive will partially service the unit. The unit will then be “Red Tagged” and noted on the driver route card & at the office in the client file. If the unit is only partially serviced due to being blocked, unreachable, behind locked gates, you may request us to return to the site prior to you next scheduled route day for an additional fee.
What additional options are available for my portable toilet rental?
- Hand Sanitizer
- Sink with paper towels and soap
- Seat Sanitizer system
- 3 wall partitions
- Damage Waiver
- ADA or Handicapped accessible units
- Flushable toilet
- Fully functioning restroom trailer- Visit BlueRibbonRestrooms.com
How does Gene’s Johns help the community and stay eco-friendly?
- We donate to our local schools.
- We partner with Rebuilding Together; a Montgomery County based organization working to improve the lives and homes of low-income families.
- We recycle ♻.
- The deodorizers we use are land tested and certified eco-friendly.
- The toilet paper we use is biodegradable.
- Our trucks run off clean diesel gas. With our GPS tracking and monitoring tools, we conserve oil since our fleet runs efficiently.
- The portable toilet industry around the world saves 125,000,000 gallons of water each day.